Hot Pumpkin Soup with fresh sourdough bread – yes please! I think everyone should have a good Soup recipe up their sleeve ready to pull out on a cold winters day! The Pumpkin soup recipe I use is super simple but I thinks that’s why it’s so delicious! Freddy sure thinks so anyway!
This is how I make my soup – let me know what you think 🙂
· dash of olive oil for frying
· 2 large delicious looking Butternut pumpkins
· 2 large onions
· 4 cloves of garlic (I always put so much garlic in my food because my dad always told me it was good for me because it gives you hairy feet… I’m yet to get hairs on my feet but I’ll keep trying ;-P)
· 3 vegetable Stock cubes
1. Dice up the pumpkin, garlic and onion
2. Heat up your olive oil in a big pot and fry up the onion until it goes translucent. (I use a chasseur pot – I know they are expensive but they are so worth the money!)
3. Add in your garlic and pumpkin and fry away for a few minutes and then add your stock cubes, I fry mine for about another ten minutes. (this makes the soup have lots of delicious flavour.)
4. Add in a cup of water at a time until it just covers your pumpkin.
5. keep the soup on high until it starts to boil and then reduce heat and let simmer until the pumpkin is completely cooked – should be nice and soft.
6. Using a soup strainer spoon pick up the pumpkin and put into a blender (make sure your blender can have hot liquid put in it, mine is a good one with super thick glass. If isn’t heat-resistant wait to the soup cools down.) Blend away and if it’s too thick and struggling to blend add some of the pumpkin juice a small amount at a time – I like my soup super thick but you can just add as much of the pumpkin juice until you have your desired consistency. You might have to transfer pumpkin into blender a few times depending on the size of your blender.
7. Once blended serve away and add salt and pepper as you desire, some fresh sourdough bread on side is always delicious to have with it as well!
Live life and…master homemade pumpkin soup! Add it to your live life list ❤
Capture a moment of you enjoying your delicious soup and share with hashtag #livelifeand
xxx With Love SC